Friday, July 13, 2007

Karen, Susan, and Nonie ~~ sisters forever


Having Mom on my mind on this 8th anniversary of her death naturally brings loving thoughts and precious memories of my two sisters. Having enjoyed living in the same town for 50 years as we married and raised our families, Richard and I moved away in December 2001 and then Nonie moved away in early 2002. Karen remains in our home town and is our "home base" so to speak. What a blessing it is to be the middle girl and to have an older sister and a younger sister. All three of us are so very different in our temperaments and personalities, but the bond of sisterhood has withstood some pretty big challenges over the years and our love has endured. Truly Karen and Nonie grow more precious to me with each passing year. With Karen 6-1/2 years my senior and Nonie just 15 months my junior, we all realize that life is passing by pretty quickly. Karen and Nonie, I want you both to know how much I love you and miss you. You girls are so dear to me, your families are dear to me, and I thank God for the love that binds our hearts together forever. ~~Sister Susan

0 comments: