Richard and I had a wonderful weekend at Chip's in the Huntsville area. His pastor was out of town preaching in a revival meeting so Chip filled the pulpit on Sunday morning. What a blessing it was to sit under the preaching of our son. I sat there quite amazed as my man-child proclaimed God's Word with authority. My heart was full to over-flowing. On Sunday evening, his Dad and I were blessed to sit in on Chip's student meeting hour and then to attend the evening worship service where the new minister of worship preached. Bro. Brandon had an excellent message as well. WOW. It was a great day at Capshaw Baptist Church!!
On Monday morning, before our departure to return home, Chip took us to the house he is buying. It is very nice and we are so happy for him as he reaches yet another milestone... that of being a homeowner!
From there, we took off to return home and had supper waiting on Brian, Amy, and the kids when they came in from work/school. It was a sweet time of fellowship with our loved ones here.
This week, we will be keeping our eye on the weather and our hearts in prayer as Gustav churns and grows out in the Atlantic. Our college students begin arriving this weekend and we certainly don't need to have a big storm bearing down on us ~~ or on anyone else for that matter.
My sister is coming!!!! We have been real close since 1951, and I miss Karen. I look up to her in so many ways. She is my mentor not only spiritually but as a faithful wife and mother. She is my mentor as I enter my "senior" years in this thing of aging. I have always admired and revered her. So.... I am so excited that Paul and Karen are due to arrive on Thursday for a visit. It will do my heart and spirit much good to get to spend some quality time with her and Paul.
A few more pics of the house Chip is planning to purchase:
17 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment