Acts 15:36 ....Let us go again and visit our brethren in every city...I knew my sister's visit would be the Balm of Gilead for my heart. I have so many GOOD and DEAR friends here, but I miss my sisters! It was such a joy when Karen called a couple of weeks ago to say they would like to come down for a quick visit. They did ~~ it took place over the past 24 hours~~ and we enjoyed having Paul and Karen here immensely.
They arrived at about 3:00 and so we sat for a while and talked. They were interested in our recent trip to Alaska so we shared a lot of information with them. Karen helped me prepared dinner ~~ in tribute to the blessed memory of our parents, I had planned to have Dad's "honeymooner" sandwiches and Mom's shrimp salad.Brian, Amy, and the grandkids came over to have dinner with us so they could fellowship with their Uncle Paul and Aunt Karen, too. After dinner, the four of us went to a restaurant across town that specializes in a delicious key lime pie so that was fun. (Note: I cropped Paul out of this pic as I don't think he wants his picture on the internet.)
On Friday morning, we got up leisurely, enjoyed a few cups of coffee (well, Paul and I enjoyed the coffee. Richard drank his diet coke and Karen had water)' and then at about 10:00, we shoved off on an excursion. We rode out to visit a museum, left there and went to a seafood restaurant for lunch, took a scenic drive, and then visited our infant sister's grave. Sharon was born and died just a few weeks before Karen's 2nd birthday some 4-1/2 years before I was born.
We arrived back at our house just in time for Paul and Karen to shove off and return to their home for their weekend activities:
(ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
I cannot express the joy in my heart regarding their visit. Thank you, Lord, for the fun time I had with my loved ones.
17 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment