Lily at 3 weeks old...
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Baby Lily needs our prayers. So do her parents, Josh and Dawn. So do her grandparents: Johnny & Cathy and Dan & Rhonda. So does her big (2-year-old) brother Luke. So do her great- grandmothers. So do her aunts, uncles, and cousins. And so do the many friends who love Lily and her precious family on both sides.
Our hearts are broken today as we receive the news that 2-month old Lily has cancer. Dawn took Lily to the doctor on Friday (4/18/08) for her regular 2-month well-baby check-up. The pediatrician, upon routine examination, felt a mass in Lily's abdomen. He immediately arranged for Lily to go to the hospital and have an ultra-sound on Friday afternoon. It confirmed the mass and they were immediately sent to Birmingham to Children's Hospital for tests. Today, their world has been turned upside down. Here is the prayer chain email I received:
Rhonda called and confirmed that Lily does have cancer. She has what they call Neuroblastoma. The doctor is pretty optimistic that this is treatable. The Dr says she has a 90% chance of recovery due to her age and early discovery. Lily will have to have other scans to determine what stage the cancer is in and how it has progressed to determine treatment. She may have to start Chemo. They will be coming home for the weekend then back to the hospital on Monday. If you are able to fast and pray the rest of the day please do so. Pray for strength for Josh, Dawn and all the family that God will give them what they need to make it through this difficult time. I will keep updates coming as they are available.As a friend, I am shocked, heartbroken, numb. Though it feels like the world has been turned upside down, I have precious faith in our Lord Jesus Christ that He is working His will in Lily's life. I don't understand it and I don't like it, but that doesn't change the fact that I can~~ and will~~ trust God in this matter. As I trust Him, I can pray, fast, and pray some more. I won't quit praying for Lily and for her family. Would you please lift them up in prayer today, through the weekend, and all of next week as Lily undergoes further tests which will determine the course of treatment? If you would like to receive prayer chain updates on Lily, please email me and I will be glad to add you to my list. My email is long4heaven@cox.net.
God, bless Little Lily and hold her close. May her family feel your presence as never before as they trust in you.

0 comments:
Post a Comment