Friday, March 14, 2008

Goldie is celebrating birthday #92!

Amy married into a wonderful family. We enjoy a sweet friendship with Brian's parents (Jim and Carol)and his Grandma (Goldie). Goldie will celebrate her 92nd birthday on Saturday, March 15. Nine-two years. Unbelievable. I can't help but think of my own dear dad when I am with Goldie for he was born the same year as her (1916) but died as a young 70-year-old. Goldie has been a faithful Christian for many years. She enjoys telling stories of growing up, marrying her dear Norman, and raising her two children (one of which is my son-in-law's mother!). One of these days, Goldie will "fly away" to her heavenly home, but for now she is abiding and continues to love the Lord, pray for her family and friends, and encourage the rest of us to keep on keeping on.

Today, I was privileged to have a day-early birthday lunch with Goldie. I captured her telling a bit about her self. Happy Birthday, Goldie!!



0 comments: