Our WONDERFUL grandkids stayed with us for 4 days while Amy went to "CEC" and then she and Brian had a weekend-get-away. We had so much fun with the kids. One evening while I was washing the dinner dishes, Jaden came into the kitchen with a flag, stood beside me, and recited the Pledge of Allegiance. I thought it was so cute that I dried my hands and asked Jaden if I could make a movie of him saying the Pledge. He loves to be in Grandma's movies (whereas the older kids don't like me to make their pictures much less a video!) so I grabbed my camera, took him into our "patriotic" guest bedroom, stood him on a stool in front of the patriotic stuff on top of the chest-of-drawers, pointed the camera at him and said, "Go." He lit into saying the Pledge, added the singing of "My Country "Tis of Thee," and then added a special blurb at the end about the Bible. That was all of his own doings which blessed my Grandma heart immeasurably. Here is Jaden (age 4 years and 3-1/2 months) as captured on Grandma's video....
17 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment