Ephesians 5:16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
This is the last week of campaigning for the two men who are running for the office of President of the United States. I simply cannot fathom that Americans could and might elect Barack Obama to this position. I just keep praying, "Please God, No Obama." All in all, I know that God is in control matter who is elected president, and that is my greatest source of comfort in these last days before the election on November 4.
The last week of October. Amazing!! Where has this month gone? The first half of it. we were on our big trip so I guess that's why the 2nd half has seemed to pass by so quickly. When we returned home on the 12th, we hit the ground running. We got involved with a soul-winning booth at the fair on the night of the 16th and worked there once more and got rained out the other night we had signed up to work. We have attended Granddaughter Isabella's Cross-Country Meets on Saturday mornings. They are out of town and take up the entire morning but it is well worth it to watch her run AND to spend time with Brian, Amy, and the kids. We ride with them and so have lots of good fellowship in the vehicle and have enjoyed the pretty Saturdays of being outside for the meets. We attended a wonderful recital at the college and were proud of our campus daughter Jennifer who played in it. We made and took lunch to Dorothy and Dan last week. Dorothy is recovering from her 2nd knee replacement surgery and is doing well. One of our first campus daughters who graduated, married, and gave birth to a baby daughter last week was in the hospital for most of the week as her baby was a preemie, had breathing problems and then was jaundiced. We visited Becky in the hospital but have yet to see and hold our first "campus grandbaby." Baby Eleana had to be re-hospitalized on Thursday for her jaundice and they came home on Saturday night. Both sets of out-of-town grandparents were here but have returned home now (South Carolina and Georgia) so perhaps we can meet Miss Aleana this week. I hope so!! Our friend Peggy Pirkle in Tennesse is having cataract surgery on Monday so we will be praying for her. My dear friend Wilma (age 83) has a doctor's appt. on Wednesday that I am taking her to. Time spent with Wilma is always time well spent. She is a lovely and gracious lady who served on the mission field in Haiti with her husband. She is Godly and wise. I always learn something from Wilma. Last Friday, Richard and I ran by our doctor's office to have our lab work done. I have my appointment on Friday to see what is what with my high triglycerides. I hope and pray the fish oil has done some good because I certainly haven't stuck to a low-fat diet very well. Also on Friday at our Retirement Center Bible Study, it is hoped that our teacher, Carol, will be back with us. She and her husband Jim have been gone on a big RV trip since his retirement at the end of May. We look forward to having Carol back at the helm on Friday's. And then on Friday night, we are having our 9 campus daughters over for supper and fellowship. Makes me wonder how we ever had time to work jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
17 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment