I have had the precious privilege of having a LOT of face-time with our 4th grandchild. Regarding our older three Grandkids, Jarrett was adopted from Ukraine at age 10, Isabella was adopted from Ukraine at age 6, and Josh was adopted from Ukraine at age 2. Six months after Isabella and Josh were adopted in 2001, we moved here to be near Brian, Amy, and the kids. I was blessed to be able to spend a lot of that first summer with them and bonded with Belle and Josh deeply during that time. And then when we moved down that December, Grandpa Richard and I lived with them for 6 months. That was the REAL bonding time. Belle was in 1st grade and Josh attended nursery school. We were busy with the building of our house and didn't keep him at home with us every day. As I look back, I regret that we didn't keep him at home with us more, BUT the socialization with the other little kids his age helped him immensely with the English language, etc. Grandpa and I picked up Isabella and Josh from school a lot of days and had them in the afternoons until Brian and Amy got home from work. We did have a lot of good face-time with them for which I thank the Lord.
Jarrett was adopted at age 10 and we have had summers and school-vacation times to spend with him. There certainly were not those younger years to bond with him. I have to say though that today he definitely gravitates toward his Grandpa Richard. They have a close relationship for which I am thankful.
Jaden was born in November 2004. Amy had 12 glorious weeks of maternity leave to be with her baby. When she returned to work after her leave, I had the previous privilege of keeping Jaden every school-day for the next 2-1/2 years. What a blessing to be here and able to do that for Brian and Amy and for Jaden. My heart has memories stored up that will go to Heaven with me, I hope!! This past August when Jaden was about to turn 3, I determined that he needed more stimulation in the area of academics, playtime, socialization, etc. and recommended to Brian and Amy that he go to Nursery School instead of Grandma School. I agonized over that decision when it was being prayed over and certainly agonized over it the first day of Jaden leaving to go to Nursery School. I bawled for half the day. Amy and Brian had told me from the "get-go" that I could keep Jaden anytime that I wanted to. I let him get settled into nursery school for a couple of weeks and then decided that I would like to dedicate my WEDNESDAYS to having Jaden, so that is what I did this school year. I looked forward to my Wednesday with Jaden each and every week. He is a smart, fun-loving kid and we have had lots of great times together~~~ many of which are blogged on this very site.
Today is my FOREVER last day to be able to keep Jaden on WEDNESDAY. I had to have a little cry at breakfast over that very fact. Our 4th grandchild is growing up so fast and will be in K4 come August. He won't be able to "miss school" to stay with Grandma at either his whim or my own. He will be a real "school boy" and he is excited that his class will be at "Mommy's big school."
Jaden..... I pray that you have stored up some memories of your time spent at Grandma's house for these past 3-1/2 years. I hope you are old enough to be able to remember some of the fun times and recall them in the years to come. I certainly know that I will never forget them..... even if they become locked up in my memory should I ever suffer a brain disorder, surely they will remain in my heart forever and I will know and remember.
I hope today is your BEST WEDNESDAY ever. Your Grandpa is retired and is enjoying his 2nd Wednesday with you. You guys are outside enjoying this lovely late-spring morning ~~ doing guy stuff. You have requested to go to McDonald's for lunch and we will do that. That was a fun part of many of our Wednesdays together. And per our routine, you will get your bath and take a nice afternoon nap. When you wake up, we will take you to Mommy at "Mommy's School" for you to have Wednesday evening dinner with your family and then go to church with them.
Oh Jaden, I cry now as I realize this is our last time to have our Wednesday together. Of course, I will be here to keep you should you become sick and can't attend school on a Wednesday, but I mean "OUR" regular Wednesday together. I will miss you, Jadie-Boy. I love you. But God loves you even more and has a wonderful plan for your life. When you start your school years with K4 in August, I pray that you will learn everything they teach you at your Christian School ~~ about God and His Son Jesus Christ, the excellent academics, how to be a good citizen ~~ and that you will always obey God's Word and love Him with your whole heart. Happy Wednesday to us!!!!
~~Love, Grandma
17 years ago

1 comments:
I can't help but cry with you as I think about Alex going to school next year! Enjoy this sweet day with Jaden! On the bright side just think of all of the things he will learn that he will come running to share with Grandma and Grandpa after school. When Bailee started to k-5 it took 8 of us to take her.. Both sides of the family were there and we all cried!
Post a Comment