Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A HUGE "PRAISE" REGARDING BABY LILY JONES

Psalm 150:1 ¶ Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.

(If you haven't already, please double-click on this pic to see it!)

This is Dawn's post tonight on Lily's caringbridge site:

WEDNESDAY, MAY 07, 2008 09:00 PM, CDT

We received a call from Lily's oncologist today. The final diagnosis is mature teratoma, a benign tumor! Praise God! Josh and I are amazed and so thankful for the Lord's mercy. There will be no more tests. Just the routine check-up in a couple of months. I feel as if a boulder has been lifted off of my shoulders.

I thank the Lord for this trial. Only good things has come of it. It has strengthened my relationship with Him and taught me how to depend on Him more. It's also brought our family closer together. Thank you all so very much for the many, many prayers that were sent up for Lily and us. Josh and I both felt your prayers working. We felt a peace that could have only come from the Lord. Thanks also for all of the encouraging messages. Where would we be without the Lord and our wonderful friends? Our prayers have been answered! PRAISE GOD!

And I also received this email from Dawn's mother (Lily's Grandma!) earlier this afternoon:

We have some wonderful, wonderful news. The oncologist just called Dawn and Josh and told them the tumor has been diagnosed as mature teratoma. This is such good news! God did a wonderful miracle in Lily's life. First of all the tumor was not malignant neuroblastoma cancer, as we were told for two long weeks. Second of all the tumor was not made up of brain and spine tissue, which is what we were told last Friday evening. She will not need an MRI of her brain or spine to make sure she is developing normal. Now we have just been told that the tumor was made up of cartilage. Lily doesn't have to go back for a check up for two or three more months! I can't begin to describe to you the burden that has been lifted off my shoulders. All I can say, is that God answered so many prayers that were lifted up for Lily by all of our friends, relatives, acquaintances and many, many other people we do not even know. Please get the words out about Lily. I'm sure Dawn hasn't had a chance to update the website yet, but please feel free to check it out later and send them a message if you feel lead. We are giving God all the glory!

www.caringbridge.org/visit/lilyjones

Thank you,
Rhonda

0 comments: