Thursday, April 3, 2008

Buds, Blooms and Blogs

Song of Solomon 2:12 The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;

One of my favorite blogs to visit is that of my friend, Robin F. She was a "real-time" friend several years ago when she and Kerry and their two children were in the same church with us. Eventually, they moved. We reconnected online some years ago; and when the blog thing took off, Robin's was one of the first blogs that I visited and bookmarked to be able to visit regularly.

I was intrigued by Robin's blog. She does a super job with her photography and gardening and blends her two talents to make a beautiful blog page. (Here is her URL if you would like to check it out: http://robinsnestingplace.blogspot.com/)

I began to wonder if I could do some blogging but quickly remembered that I am not a master gardener and don't do much bird-watching as does my friend Robin. What if I could do a blog but focus on my family and friends? I guess I am a "people-person" and enjoy keeping up with what is going on in the lives of others. Boy, that sounds like I'm a real snoop or a gossip. I pray that I am never neither. Honestly, I enjoy focusing on God's blessings and sharing in the joys of people's lives. Of course, at times as family or friend, I am called upon to share in trials and sorrows and to enter into the prayer closet on behalf of others. So I sat down one day and started my blog. (Thank Goodness Google's blogspot makes it easy to do!) I think I started my blog last June so have now been blogging for about 9 months. I have enjoyed it and find this to be my favorite hobby of late.


Well, Robin's pictures of her lovely yard, flourishing flowers, darling dog, cute cat, pretty birds, etc. continue to intrigue me. Because I have enjoyed the springtime buds and blooms in our yard this year, I decided to try my hand at making a picture or two of what is going out there. I post these as a praise to God for the beauty of his creation. Thank you, JESUS!!!

Hey Robin~~ please don't feel threatened by my bit of outdoor photography on today's blog entry. :) You are my forever blogger and photography hero, and I am eternally grateful that your blog inspired me to try my hand at this.

(Pssssst.... she signed my guestbook at the top of this page. You can see what a lovely girl she is!)



Lorapetlum bushes are in full and glorious bloom ~~ their "common name" is Chinese Fringe.


Buds, blooms, and new leaves on the Bradford pear trees.


About to bloom and already bloomed amaryllis


Indian Hawthorne blooms are about done as Japanese Maple Tree is leafing out (below)


Time-honored favorite azaleas are just about done in the back. Yet to bloom in the front.

1 comments:

Robin's Nesting Place said...

Susan, your blooms put a smile on my face!

I am so intrigued with the magnitude of God's wonderful creation. To photograph a flower or a bird and see the details and the beauty that God thought of is such a blessing to me.
We are told in Scripture to consider the lilies of the field and in Proverbs to consider the ant. I love to consider and ponder on God's marvelous creation.

I always enjoy your blog and reading about your GRANDchildren and what is going on in your life. You are such a blessing to me.