Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A FUN DAY WITH FRIENDS!!!

Proverbs 17:17 ¶ A friend loveth at all times

I have wonderful friends here. When we moved down 6-1/2 years ago at age 50, I wondered how I would EVER have close friends again. Why on earth I doubted God in the matter showed my lack of faith in that area. At any rate, God has blessed me with some VERY DEAR FRIENDS for this season of my life. I thank Him for His faithfulness in this area because girl friends are so very needful in my life.

I spent all day (7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.) with two precious friends and with a new friend I just met on Sunday night. We got together to celebrate Carol's birthday. We spent our day out at NAS and got to watch those AWESOME Blue Angels practice their maneuvers.


As you can tell by our dress, it was quite chilly out there (42 degrees when we left from my house!) L-R: (I don't know that old lady in the blue jacket), Carole (my new friend), Peggy, and Carol in the gray hat is the birthday girl.


We watched the Blues (and ate our breakfast we brought along while we watched), visited the museum, watched an IMAX, ate lunch in the Cubi Bar, and then took the trolley tour. As our last trip into the museum, Carol showed us the quilt that her Quilt Guild made for the Blue Angels. It is very beautiful and Carol pointed out her contributions on the quilt. Here we are standing in front of the quilt:


When we were finished at the museum, we returned to my house where we started our day. We gave our gifts to Carol and had a very nice day celebrating HER. I thank God for Carol and for the impact she has had on my life!!

P.S. I posted my videos on Godtube so that I could email the links to Carol, Carole, and Peggy. I will post them here for posterity. :) As of this posting, all of the videos have not yet been approved but should all be up and running in just a short while. NOTE: Video #3 of the Blues shows them flying in that crazy upside down position. #4 shows them doing the roll-over. They out-did themselves today!

Blue Angels:
Peggy giving her gift to Carol:
Susan giving her gift to Carol:
Carol reading the inscription in the cookbook:

0 comments: