Saturday, December 1, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR AMY

Matthew 10:37 ... and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Happy 32nd Birthday to our Amy Marie. 32 years ago right now, she was just 5 hours old, and her Daddy and I were already totally smitten with her. Our love and appreciation for Amy has only grown through the years. As parents, we pour so much of ourselves into our children. After all, they are an extension of us~~ a miraculous combination of mother and daddy. It is such an easy and natural thing to love your child. There are verses in God's Word that teach us that our love even for our children cannot exceed the love that we have for Jesus Christ. Of course, as Christian parents we totally understand that concept for Christ must have the place of supremacy in our hearts and in our lives. Amy is as special to me today as she was 32 years ago when I first held her in my arms and marveled at her loveliness. I thank God that we are not only mother and daughter but that we are sisters in Christ and friends.

Amy, I am so so (as Jaden would say!) proud of the woman that you are. Christian/wife/mother/principal... you wear so many hats and wear them all well. Thanks to your dear Brian for inviting your Dad and me to go on a double-date for your birthday dinner tonight. It was such a blessing to sit and have a quiet 90 minutes together in the restaurant~~ we don't get much talk time for sure. Happy Birthday and may God grant you many, many more.

Love you much (but I love God more),
Mom

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Amy!!!!
Catia