Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas Luncheon With Dear Friends

Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
Tit 2:5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

That's a tall order for an aged woman to fulfill, BUT the Lord has sent those kind of ladies into my life to mentor me in the faith, in this business of aging, and in those things that might lie ahead of me....




Oh My.... the Lord is so good to have sent some lovely older women into my heart and life. I am so privileged to have friendships with some older ladies in our church. Today, I had 5 of them over for a Christmas Luncheon. These ladies have all gone through the sorrow of separation in that they have all lost their husbands. One of the ladies lost her husband just this year. I have stood amazed at how she consistently turns to the Lord and depends upon Him for her every need. Another of the ladies lost her 60-year-old daughter just a year ago. They say that to lose a child (of any age) is life's hardest heartache. I can only imagine how deep the pain still is, but she has kept on keeping on. One of the ladies served on the mission field in Haiti alongside her husband for many years. What a treasure trove of stories she has to tell. Yes, these ladies are my friends and my mentors. I truly look up to them, and they bless me beyond measure. I would like to salute my friends here and wish Joyce, Myrna, Ruth, Margie, and Wilma each a truly Blessed Christmas! (Click on any picture to enlarge!)
















I pray that I will be found faithful to live the life of a Godly aged woman and be an example for the young women coming up behind me.

0 comments: