Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Happy Birthday to my little sister, Nonie!

Song of Solomon 8:8 ¶ We have a little sister....

Karen and I have a precious little sister. Sonja (rhymes with "moan-ya") is her given name, but she has always been called "Nonie" (rhymes with "pony"). Today is Nonie's birthday!!

I think I know how the "Nonie" nickname came about. I was only 15 months old when she was born. (See picture at right of Mom with both of us. Karen is nearly 8 years older than Nonie so probably was at school when the picture was made). I imagine that when Mom talked to Sonja, she called her a loving little pet name and said "Sonnie -- with a long "o" ~~ pronounced like "Sony." When I started talking and couldn't say "Sonnie," it came out "Nonie." It stuck. Her name very well could have been one of my first words.

Nonie is my beloved baby sister.
And today she is 55 years old. I love her with all of my heart and miss her now that we are so far apart. Happy Birthday, Nonie!!!!

Love,
Susan

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Bithday to your sister.
Catia