Tuesday, August 28, 2007

FISH TALE


John 21:12 Jesus saith unto them, Come and dine. And none of the disciples durst ask him, Who art thou? knowing that it was the Lord. 13 Jesus then cometh, and taketh bread, and giveth them, and fish likewise.

I have been on a prescription of Niaspan for 18 months, and it has done little good in lowering my triglycerides. In June, my doctor upped my daily dosage to 3 pills at a cost of $6 per day. The cost of the medicine has really irritated me every time I refill that bottle for $178.00. In another couple of days, it will be time to refill the Rx again so this morning I called my doctor's office to ask if there is anything else I could take to work on lowering the Tgs. Dr. V's nurse called back this afternoon to let me know that he said to take 2 fish oil capsules 3X per day. They are "OTC" and surely should cut down on the monthly cost of medication. I am so excited about this change and am going to work extra hard to eat properly and exercise more so that, along with the fish oil capsules, I will see a dramatic decrease in my Tgs when I have my December labs done. EAT MORE FISH!!! (Mercury-free, of course!)

0 comments: