Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Grandsons Joshua and Jaden ~~ Our Day Together

But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children. Psalm 103:17

I haven't kept my grandchildren much this summer. Amy was
home for her 6-week break and, of course, wanted her children home with her as much as possible. Since she returned to work 2-1/2 weeks ago (or was it 3-1/2 weeks ago?) I have kept some of of the grandkids here and there. Next week is their last week of summer vacation so I will try to keep more of them more often as my schedule allows. I think I can accomodate them on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I have a lunch date with friends on Thursday and then have the Bible Study on Friday mornings. Anyway, I asked for Joshua (8) and Jaden (2-3/4) today and have enjoyed them immensely. We hung out here at home for the first part of the morning but at around 10:00 we loaded up and headed off for a stop at the post office and then on to a McDonald's clear across town ~~ the only one I know of that has an inside AIR-CONDITIONED PlayPlace. The boys had fun playing, and we enjoyed our lunch. The boys wanted an ice cream after lunch, but the line at the counter was long so we decided to come home and eat ice cream sandwiches as I had some in the freezer. We ate our treat, I bathed Jaden and got him down for a nap, and now Josh and I are watching Animal Channel. (Well, I AM watching it with one eye!) I love my GRANDS and have very much enjoyed Joshua and Jaden today.

0 comments: