Saturday, July 14, 2007

Jerry and Carol Ann today....


How fun it is to be back in contact with Bro. Jerry and Carol Ann. I was saved under Bro. Jerry's pastorate way back in the 70's. I was dating Richard at the time and THOUGHT I was saved but was convicted during Bro. Jerry's message that Sunday night that I had prayed the prayer but had not committed my life to Jesus Christ. I went forward and accepted Christ that night: July 23, 1972. He helped to officiate our wedding in September '73. I had already joined the FWB church where my Dad was pastoring and which was Richard's home church. When Bro. Jerry left Eastside as Pastor, that's when my Dad was called to pastor there and eventually we lost contact with Bro. Jerry and his family in the mid 70's.

Fast forward to 1986: I vaguley remember that Jerry and Carol Ann came to Mom's house during the time of Dad's death 21 years ago. Everything about that is kind of a blur in my memory, but I know we haven't seen them since that day in 1986 Somehow in recent months, I got their email address and contacted them and we have occasionally emailed back and forth. A couple of days ago, they shared with me the URL for their daughter KK's blog. KK is an excellent writer and it has been amazing to catch up on some of the family doings through her writings. KK shared with me this picture of Bro. Jerry and Carol Ann. It was a blessing to receive this pic of them from their daughter, KK. May God richly bless Jerry and Carol Ann as they enjoy their grown kids and precious grandkids.

0 comments: