This post is in loving memory of my precious friend, Ellen Anderson. I can post her last name for she is no longer a resident of this world but has been enjoying her Heavenly Home since January 11, 2001. Ellen and her family were transplants from Michigan to our lovely southern town. She was a go-getter from the get-go and loved to serve God by serving others. Our dear Ellen was diagnosed with breast cancer some three years before her death. (My "fake" hug in the picture of us was because she couldn't have personal contact during the worst part of her treatments.) Ellen fought valiantly and was convinced until the very end that God was going to heal her. And you know what? Ellen wasn't one bit disappointed when she entered Heaven's portals and realized that she had received the ultimate healing. I miss my friend and look forward to seeing her again.
As I think of Ellen, I know there are so many friends who left our church congregation during our 20 years there to take up residence in Heaven. Let's see.... Elva A, Katrina W, Kae A, Joe C, Ronnie E, Speed and Irene H, Bill H, Irene H, Buddy H, Bill K, George H, Thomas J, Katharine P, Alice P, Arthur and Willie P, Duell and Thelma C, Pete P, Roland H, Ovie S, B.J. and Emma Jean G, Vera G, James H, Wynell H, Minnie K, Maudell L,Bill P, Shirley S, JJ T, Stella E, Minnie G, Mary D, Harold K, Betty J, Pauline B, Fred K, Alice P.......
I know there are many that I am leaving out. Thank God that He never leaves anyone out who has been saved through the shed blood of our Lord Jesus Christ. Hopefully all of these who have gone on before us were saved and are enjoying eternity with God. I am assured of a home in Heaven.... not because I am worthy (I'm not!) but because I have repented of my sins and have received Christ as my Personal Savior. Where will you spend eternity? If you aren't sure, please email me at long4heaven@cox.net. Don't put off salvation, for no one is assured another breath on this earth.
17 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment